“Deck the halls with boughs of holly, Fa la la la la la la la!
‘Tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la la la la la!
Don we now our gay apparel, Fa la la la la la la la!
Troll the ancient Yuletide carol, Fa, la la la la la la la!”
This is the first verse to the all-time favorite Christmas song “Deck the Halls” and a reminder of how many of us love to dress-up and celebrate the upcoming winter holiday season.
Being said, some of us REALLY want to celebrate the winter holiday season-not only in spirit- but by enthusiastically and whimsically, jazzing up their wardrobe a bit to attend a holiday event or party.
Personally, I don’t think I could see myself draped like a Christmas tree, or dressing like the “Gingerbread Man,” but I do enjoy watching others who have joyfully put together their own personal holiday get-up and fashion statement.
I’ve participated in several Christmas-themed fund-raising, Walkathons or Runs just to smile and laugh at fellow walkers/runners outfits in their hopes to win a prize for the best-designed costume. Some of these totally hilarious get-ups must have taken days to create and put together.
Just for fun, I thought I’d search through internet photos and gather together some outrageous, unique, one-of-a-kind (couture) Christmas holiday and winter-related ensembles, and add some appropriate, funny fashion statements to each one.
1.”You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch, but I love your fur!”
2. ” Oh, the weather outside looks frightful, but don’t worry, I’m ready for it!”
3. “Rings and things and buttons and bows….but I like bows better!”
4. Ladies: “Run, Run as fast as you can, you can’t catch me, I’m the Gingerbread Man?”
5. “O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree…Much pleasure doth you bring my hair!”
6. “Snowflake, snowflake dance around. Snowflake, snowflake, try and touch the ground?”.
7. “Jack Frost, eat your heart out!” Or, “He’s as cold as ice…”
8. “Can someone please show me how to make a bow?”
9. “You can tell a real cowboy by the way he decorates his beard!”
10. “Honey I think your knitting instructions were incorrect!”
Don’t forget our four-legged friends!
“Come all ye faithful and don’t forget to bring us a treat!”
Most of all, always remember:
Leave a Reply